The General Chemistry Learning Center is open this semester for remote tutoring to any student needing help with 100-level General Chemistry classes. All UK students can book a 30 – 60 minute, one-on-one appointment with a General Chemistry Teaching Assistant through Tutor Matching Service (TMS). All appointments will be held online using GoBoard.
Teaching Assistants and their assignments can be found under “Teaching Assistants” on the General Chemistry @ UK page.
To book a FREE appointment with a General Chemistry TA, follow the directions below:
- Go to the University of Kentucky’s Tutor Matching Service page.
- If you have never used Tutor Matching Service before, you will be prompted to set up an account. Make sure to select “TMS account” and sign up with your UKY email. Note: as you complete the sign-up process, do NOT enter payment information as all General Chemistry TAs and The Study’s General Chemistry tutors are FREE to any students with a valid UKY email.
- Once logged in, select “Find a Tutor” at the top right of the screen.
- Using the search features on the left side of the screen, enter the course code or subject and sort “price low to high.” All General Chemistry TAs that staff the General Chemistry Learning Center will have a rate of “Free” listed. Click on the “View Tutor” button to see the TA’s profile, availability, and make an appointment.
- When booking, you can select a 30- or 60-minute appointment. Once you’ve selected your time slot, click on “Go to checkout and book.”
- During the checkout process you will confirm all the appointment details as well as complete the tutor agreement. Remember, all UK students can book an appointment with a General Chemistry TA or a Study tutor for FREE. When all the details are confirmed, click “Book Tutor.”
- Your tutor will follow-up with you within 24 hours with a link to join your online tutoring appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Learning Center, please contact Dr. Josh Owen. For concerns about a specific TA, let Dr. Owen know specifically who you worked with and he’ll address your concerns quickly.